Program Manager for RLS Program in Palestine & Jordan
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation that is active throughout Germany and internationally. In the spirit of its namesake, the socialist Rosa Luxemburg, it seeks to promote peace, democracy, social justice, and democratic socialism. With our worldwide network of offices, RLS pursues pluralism, democracy and social, economic and gender justice.
The RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is looking for a program manager based in Ramallah to develop, expand and support the implementation mainly of the working field food sovereignty.
The successful applicant will have a contract for 18 months fulltime (40 hours/ weekly, office Ramallah), starting July 2023.
Objectives of the Program Manager
The program manager is expected to work towards the following objectives:
- Being part of developing the food sovereignty strategy and program of RLS in Palestine and Jordan
- Supporting and developing RLS networks locally, regionally, and internationally
- Conducting digital and personal meetings with colleagues locally, regional and international within the RLS networks.
- Connecting all aspects of the program and taking care of cross cutting topics of RLS
- Conducting administrative and organizational aspects of the program
- Monitoring, evaluating, and documenting the program/work of partners according to RLS guidelines and standards
- Reporting on political developments concerning food sovereignty in Palestine and in Jordan.
- Writing analysis and organizing workshops and roundtables
- Cooperation and follow up with regular RLS activities
- If necessary, supporting other working fields of RLS Palestine & Jordan
- A high level of expertise in the political, social and economic developments in Palestine and Jordan, particularly related to the field of food sovereignty
- A high level of knowledge of the progressive scenery (actors, streams, debates, challenges etc.)
- A high level of knowledge of international discourses, debates, and cooperation related to food sovereignty
- Interest in working in an international context, including traveling
- Organizing and providing briefings on political food sovereignty issues to visiting delegations and others
- Experience in working with groups and organizations
- Experience in cooperative partner work and administration, expertise in program management
- Experience in monitoring of and contributing to applications for third party funding
- Expert communication and cooperation skills, highly self-organized, self-reflective, conflict sensitive, team player, and with a proactive approach to work
- Language requirements: very good spoken and written English, Arabic
- Being aware and committed to the spirit and aims of RLS
The application must include a CV and a cover letter that states why the candidate is suited to this role. In addition, the candidate is requested to name up to three reference persons, who can be contacted by the RLS selection committee.
Please send applications via email with the subject line “Program Manager Food sovereignty” to [email protected] by June 3rd, 2023. The interviews will be in the middle of June.
Please note that receipts of applications will not be confirmed.