The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation that is active throughout Germany and internationally. In the spirit of its namesake, the socialist Rosa Luxemburg, it seeks to promote peace, democracy, social justice, and democratic socialism. With our worldwide network of offices, RLS pursues pluralism, democracy and social, economic and gender justice.
The RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is looking for a Media producer consultant based in Palestine to support the implementation of their communication strategy.
The successful applicant will work as contractor (one year/part time).
Context of the consultancy
The RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan focuses on activities that strengthen labor and socio-economic rights as well as political participation in Palestine and Jordan.
Objectives of the Media producer consultant
The Media producer consultant is expected to work towards the following objectives:
- Conceptualize RLS communication strategy—connecting all aspects of the RLS programs and taking care about cross cutting topics.
- Leads the overall media planning approach by linking media strategy with RLS objectives
- Develop and write media content, fitting to RLS objectives of pluralism, democracy and social, economic and gender justice.
- Handles the creation of social media and other digital media content related to the needs of the organization in collaboration with the Media and Communications team.
- Conduct the necessary requirements such as interviews, script writing, and editing content.
- Conducting and preparing digital and personal meetings with colleagues from RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan
- Direct experience managing digital communications, campaigning, and digital production
- Providing media briefings on political, social and economic situation and current developments in Palestine and Jordan
- High level of expertise in newsgathering, a strong technical background with experience in news transmission and production
- Experience in working with groups, administration, organization
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills, highly self-organized, self-reflective, conflict sensitive, team player, and with a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work well collaboratively an communicate effectively with editorial, technical, creative and administrative personnel
- Language requirements: very good spoken and written English, Arabic
The application must include a CV and a cover letter that states why the candidate is suited to this role and desired honorarium. In addition, the candidate is requested to name up to three reference persons, who can be contacted by the RLS selection committee.
Please send applications via email with the subject line “Media producer consultant” to email@example.com by December 30, 2022.
Please note that receipts of applications will not be confirmed.