Call for Offers: Podcast producer (outsourcing contract)
About Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS)
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is one of the six major political foundations in the Federal Republic of Germany, tasked primarily with conducting civic education both at home and abroad. The foundation is closely linked to Die Linke, the German Left Party.
The foundation promotes a critical analysis of society and fosters networks of emancipatory political, social and cultural initiatives around Germany. Internationally, it participates in cooperative development projects and advocates for dialogue between the Global North and South conducted on equal footing. It aims to organize political education and disseminate information on the social relations governing our globalized, unjust and hostile world.
The international work is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
RLS Office Palestine & Jordan office was established in 2008 in Ramallah and started as of 2013 to extend its work to Jordan. It collaborates with democratic and progressive Palestinian and Jordanian individuals and organizations and focuses on criticizing the current development framework and supporting discourse involving leftist alternatives. This includes a focus on fields of social and economic rights, feminism, self-determination, civic education and training.
It follows a comprehensive programme-oriented approach consisting of long-term partner projects, short-term activities, and office projects in the below mentioned fields.
RLS Objectives 2021-2023
For 2021-2023, RLS Office Palestine & Jordan will start a new programme cycle focusing on:
- Support of workers’ and employees’ initiatives affected by labour law violations in maintaining and enforcing their labor rights
- Support of young progressive actors and newly-established initiatives in their struggle to achieve political and democratic rights
- Foster the development and promotion of alternative progressive approaches and policies in the field of social and economic rights, with a main focus on the education and health sectors
- Contribution of progressive political actors in national and international debates on current political developments
Call for Offers: Podcast producers (outsourcing contract)
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Regional Office Palestine & Jordan (RLS) is looking for a podcast producer, to produce 4 podcast episodes in Arabic. The aim of the podcast is to enhance discussions and enrich critical thinking. This will be done by providing spaces and tools for debate, using alternative progressive ideas and thoughts, with an emancipatory approach.
The topics of the podcast should be in relation to the objectives of RLS. In the cover letter, identify one theme from the RLS fields of work (See objectives above). Upon identifying the theme, explain how the 4 podcast episodes will relate to it. (For example, if you choose the theme “Labour Rights,” suggest 4 podcast episodes on the topic of labour rights). The expected length of each episode is around 30 minutes, depending on the topic.
The podcast producer is expected to do the following:
- Conceptualize the content of each episode —in consultation with the RLS.
- Do the necessary research for each episode.
- Conduct the necessary requirements such as interviews, script writing, and editing the episodes.
- Coordinate the timing of the podcast production and launch in consultation with the RLS.
- It is the podcast producer’s responsibility to produce the episodes at a studio or rent the necessary equipment.
Guidelines for applying:
If you are interested in working with RLS, please send us your application including the following:
– An Outline for each podcast episode, including the timeline (2 pages)
– Short text about the applicant’s perspective of social justice (1 page)
– Short CV (including list of references, if available)
– Samples of previous podcasts produced.
The Podcast Producer is rewarded with an honorarium equal to the amount of €7000 EUR, paid in local currency (NIS), for producing the 4 podcast episodes. All expenses (e.g., recording, communication, tax, VAT) are included in the honorarium.
The production process is expected to take up to 3 to 6 months. The duration will be decided upon signing the contract.
Please submit your complete application in English not later than 1st March 2021 to email@example.com
Please insert “Podcast Producer” in the subject line.